Monday, June 11, 2007

Koreans Don't Know Kermit


One of my favorite movies of all time is The Muppet Movie (if you ask "which one" please scratch me off your friends list, there are few questions I hear in life that are more rediculous than that one).

Koreans do not know Muppets. Here in the Philippines there are Sesame Street VCD's and DVD's for sale everywhere, Elmo seems to be well known. I assumed that Jim Henson creations were an export to everywhere just like any other hugely popular culture icons. It surprises me what South Koreans have exposure to and what they don't. It's hit and miss. So any reference I've made to the Muppets is for naught.

2 comments:

La NiƱa said...

They aired The Muppet Show in Manila way back in the 80s. My sister and I watched it all the time :)

MarT said...

La Nina~ Hey My screen here is in Korean and when I left a comment on your blog, I couldn't read the buttons here I'm supposed to push. SO either I kept erasing my comment, or you have 100 emails from me. Either way, sorry. I like your blog, I'll try again later from another computer.