Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Does The Name Pavlov Ring A Bell?

I have this black t-shirt with white lettering that says the above slogan. When I saw this online I thought, pure comic genius, so I bought it. I was surprised to learn how many people don't know the work of Pavlov, because I learned that in high school, not college or anything. But to so many people...nope, doesn't ring a bell.

I'm wearing this shirt today but ran into no problems with the students, they had no curiosity whatsoever about the shirt and I'm glad. Well my advanced class asked me, and they seemed to understand the explanation, I didn't think it would go that smoothly.

Today online I googled the above phrase to see if my t-shirt came up, but it didn't. Instead link after link after link of people using this line for various reasons on message boards and webpages. I guess it's a common joke. Go figure.

No comments: