Saturday, June 16, 2007

"Evelyn Waugh Was A Man!"


I've been told more than once that this is me. I used to even have my hair kind of like Scarlett's there and I kind of have the same voice. I have to admit, when I saw this part of the movie [Lost in Translation] I cringed a little when her husband told her off. "Why do you have to point out how stupid everyone is all the time? Not everyone has a philosophy degree from Yale you know." (I don't know if those are the exact words, I'm going from memory.) She replied, "I thought it was funny." That's exactly what I would have said. I thought my friend Stephanie was the one who told me that I was like her, but she says it wasn't her and she hasn't seen the movie.

In reality, if someone said they checked into a hotel in Tokyo as Evelyn Waugh, I would have thought that was pretty cool, especially if it was a girl. BUT, I'm snotty about a lot of other things though. Bimbos irritate me. I've been thinking about this lately, because I'm looking at my friends on MySpace, like their friends, and then their friends...through the chain, the looking glass you know. There is just no shortage of dumb people on MySpace.

I'm not like the character in this movie, though because I don't get bored. I would have sang Karaoke in the bar with the blond chick. One of the first scenes where she goes to the Buddhist temple and cries because she felt empty, that was me in high school, but not now. I'm one of those annoying satisfied people that thinks they found the truth.
and don't gimmie that, 'no you're not Scarlett Johanssen', because that's not what I mean...

No comments: