Sunday, May 6, 2007

Spiderman 3-Cuter than Heckfire

If you're wondering who the target audience is for Spiderman 3, I live with him. I have the sweetest 13 year old son in the world. Apologies to all, but that movie was just for him. I hope you enjoyed the special effects.

Am I the only one who thought of Ghostbusters at the end? You gotta love the Sandman though. Even with all his unstoppable power, he chooses the old-fashioned *punch* to end his opponent.

Seriously, I hope the movie has wider appeal than my family. I hope that others were able to enjoy as much as I did Peter Parker's transformation from 'nerd' to 'strangely behaving nerd'. My son turns in to this character once in awhile. Now I can tell him, allright, go take off the black suit and comb your hair back. The day after the viewing, he ran into a friend of his the same age. His friend pulled his hair down over his forehead and said, "evil hairdo!" Laughs all around.

When Peter turns 'bad', it's cringing time. Don't worry, it's supposed to be funny. It's like a nerd's rendition of someone who's overly-self confident. The swaying hips and the finger guns pointing at strangers on the street are only temporary. My kid does that at home sometimes, so I leaned in to him during the scene, "so that's what you're up to? You're being bad when you do that?" No, he insists, not at all.

If you have a sweet young boy, this is a good flick. Peter even says at the end something like, 'You have many choices in life, and you can make the right ones.'
Cuter than heckfire.

My students (South Korean) had already reported to me that the story was a bit "childish". I agree that the storylines needed to be told in a more clever way to be considered a really great movie, but it's still pretty entertaining.

No comments: