Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Eerily Prophetic

I will be decapitated by head hunters.



How will you die? Take the Exotic Cause of Death Test


I took this how will you die test. I love it.

When I get a new batch of students in I usually ask if they would rather die by being set on fire or drowning. The obvious correct answer is drown, but I love the variety of responses I get.

Of course my answer changes when I change the question from the above to:
Would you rather die in a plane crash or on a sinking boat? The obvious correct answer is die in a plane crash, but some students insist that Titanic was "so romantic". Yeah, it's so romantic to contemplate your certain death slowly as it happens.

I love when students get upset with these questions. I think that they need to get over the shock and think it through. This gets us in touch with our humanity. I mean please, join the real world will ya! My more intelligent students savor the possibilities and give clear answers and reasons. Sometimes they go through a bargaining stage with fantasies of being rescued. No, you're going to die. Accept it and tell me which you prefer.

Some who have answered being set on fire say that they heard the smoke will kill them first. I'm like, yeah if you're trapped in a burning house or something, but I said SET on fire! Deal with it.

Anyway, I took this test, and this is how I would die if I died an exotic death.
My student scott took this test and he wasn't satisfied with the results. Basicly, he informed me, there are no giant ducks in Korea.

I will be crushed by a giant duck!



How will you die? Take the Exotic Cause of Death Test


In a much less exciting, but no less credible test, I've discovered I'm a procesosr.

Which Computer Component Are you?

No comments: