Friday, May 25, 2007

Another Brown Out

I work in a town (not where I live) that has power outages all day frequently. This is the second one this week. It's really hot at the college. It disrupts the whole day as all the teachers and students are trying to have class next to an open window with a breeze.

Normally I don't get bored, I mean really. I don't. I was an only child until I was 5 and a half. I can stare at a wall and entertain myself with my own thoughts. I have books here and work to do, regardless of heat, or a power outage. But today, I just wasn't my normal self. I could not concentrate for anything. I couldn't even daydream. That's new. Anything I buckled down to do lasted for a few minutes tops.

It's Friday, so here comes another weekend. I figured out the other day that there are only 52 weeks in a year. That's why they go so fast. Today went slow, but it's the only day all year so far.

No comments: