Thursday, May 3, 2007

George Bush again.

I know I make jokes about George Bush, but the plain fact is that I don't enjoy talking about him.

Today, though, I feel that I need to jot some things down here.

One, he was on American Idol last night with his lovely wife, who I will forever now only refer to as "Corrina". People who followed Hurricane Katrina (a group which ironicly does not include Mrs. Bush) will know why.

They were both stiff and wooden and reading from cards. George didn't seem to know what to make of his statement, and he akwardly had to mention Bono, which I think was a joke written for him that was lost on him. Frankly, I thought thanking Bono by name was a little strange myself, but...

So that was weird enough, but after the show there was a live speech on CNN. There's a time difference here so we were getting ready for bed.

I got so frustrated listening to him I told my son, just turn this off and let's go to bed, he's making me mad.

How? Well there's a chance I'm ignorant but I really felt insulted with his same old schtick of 'we're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them over here' What? You're still saying that? Don't you read? (Sorry, I take it back). Since the Iraq war began terrorism has increased by 25%. That's a CNN stat.

And he kept saying something that was lost on me. He kept using the term 'global war'. Is it just me that's ignorant? It's a GLOBAL war now? So a few years ago he and his cronies wanted to convince us that there was no global warming, and now they want to convince us there's a global war (not warming for those of you paying attention).

Well maybe he is going to attack Iran after all. Maybe someone handed him the wrong speech. Maybe this is the one he's supposed to read next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not agree with you more completely!!!!! Ugh!!!!