Friday, May 25, 2007

Diving in the Philippines

I guess this is a picture of diving in Batangas, which is where the students go, unless they're blessed enough to hit Boracay.
Diving here is really cheap, and certification is cheap, and I guess it's also goregeous. It's very tropical.
But, snorkling is a lot cheaper and easier, and in certain locations, mind blowing. My friend claims to have seen SpongeBob and Patrick. Often reported by the students when they return, "We found Nemo!"
Wendy said getting lessons with a group of friends is a real kick in the pants (not exact phraseology) because you learn the underwater sign language. It's a lot of fun, she said it's like being an astronaut floating in space.
I want to take my son to do this, but it's going to be awhile before I can afford it, even though it's the cheapest place on earth. I'm living like a local here and actually supporting my family and two others. But it's nice to be in a place where there are so many interesting attainable things to look forward to.

No comments: