Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Korean Dreams


One of the blogs I read is http://belovedbabbling.blogspot.com
She's an American ESL teacher married to a Korean, used to live in Korea and has strong Korean ties. She's got scads of interesting links on the side of her page, where I found a link for 'Kimchi Mamas' blog. Recently, there was a short post on Korean dreams and so I've posted the URL here:
.Kimchi Mamas- Dream Entry

My students have talked to me about dreams and the very specifically Korean interpretations of these dreams. Pig= Money. If you dream about a pig it's good, and so on.

I do believe that our brains are hardwired to connect certain images with certain emotions when we are sleeping and our brain is de-fragging. I do not believe that people most of the time can properly interpret these things, or that one size fits all...or that one should attempt to predict the future with these images. But having said that, the brain fascinates me and so do dreams. I dream all night long. I know that this is abnormal, and truthfully, I think I'm a little bit crazy because of it. I'm not completely insane, but I'm like a person with perpetual sleep disturbance

1 comment:

Beloved said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout-out (that is what it's called when someone mentions you on their blog, right? ㅋㅋㅋ)! I seriously need to start blogging more though, or no one is going to be reading my blog.