Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Finally!



Years ago I read about conflict diamonds, or blood diamonds and found the whole thing fascinating so I really wanted to see the movie when it came out. I knew what it was immediately when I heard the title. It's taken me a long time, but today I finally got to see it. Not the whole thing, we'll finish it tomorrow.

WOW, I love it. I like true stories. A lot. Leonardo DiCaprio is one of the very best actors in hollywood, off the top of my head, I can't think of someone better really. His first movie was What's Eating Gilbert Grape and he played an autistic kid! My son is autistic and his portrayal is dead on. I remember telling my older son, the guy who plays "arnie" is an actor, he's just acting. Seems hard to believe. I don't swoon over Leo's looks, I just think that the range he has as an actor is amazing, he does a great job. So far I'm glued to the movie. I can't wait to finish it.

I own one diamond and I found it on the ground one day and tried to find the owner. I left my phone number with the building that I found it in front of...they just laughed at me. It fit me perfectly and my ring finger is really small. I wear it on my right hand, but it turns out that lots of guys are dyslexic or something and thought I was married on several different occasions. Yay ring! I hope nobody died for you.

No comments: