Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Amen

Yes, I wish women had more sense about the way they dress ( I know I've made some mistakes), but there's no accounting for taste. The taliban claims that women should be covered from head to toe, because if we're not it's like an uncovered piece of meat. I hate to say this, but American men act the same way, they just don't demand the head to toe burka with just the eyes showing. They do send the same message though. You know what? I'm not a piece of meat. I believe in the middle ground. Modest dress, but why should I bend over backwards either way- skanky or completely covered- for a species that considers me meat?

I've been around the opposite sex in situations that really made me understand why I might want to be completely hidden from head to toe with only eyes showing, and then...worry about the messages the eyes are sending...is the burden ALL on me? Can the opposite sex please stop, please understand?

Please, alot of us are people. OK, some of us aren't- but I can't help that a lot of women don't act like people. Please don't paint us all with the same brush. I'm a person, not a thing.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

WOW! There are SOOOO many people from work that need to read this.

MarT said...

I'll bet you're talking about women, too.