Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I Miss Morro Bay- Phobias?



This is a Great-blue Heron photo that I stole without permission from http://morrobaybirdfestival.org/photos.htm The Morro Bay Bird Festival page. It's an easy to load page full of photos of local birds, amazing.

I don't really miss the U.S., but I have fond memories of Morro Bay. I used to go up there all the time.

I absolutely love birds. Currently I have one student who is terrified of birds, we don't know why. Usually phobias come from a bad experience, but in her case she hasn't had one that she can remember. Last night on Animal Planet there was a show about phobias, and it was very interesting. People that have suffered from phobias for years sometimes decades can be cured in hours. Basicly, it's just exposure to the object that cures the person. I have two phobias that are a bit strange, and they can't be cured because I can't be exposed to the 'objects'. I just live with it.

This is a Yellow-rumped Warbler, love the name! How could someone be afraid of this?

No comments: