Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Child's Dream


Lawn Chair Pilot Flies With 105 Balloons
I know this is all over the news by now, but did anyone else get misty eyed when they saw this, the making of a childhood dream come true?

Come on, every kid on the planet has wished for that. If this story came out when I was five I would have jumped up and down, "I knew it! I knew it! My mom said you can't do that, but you can!" Oh, wait, I'm doing that now.

Well this guy did it in true Mythbuster fashion. He needs to be hired by that show. He had all this gear and apparatus so that it probably wasn't much different than some hot air balloon ride as far as the science goes, but this has a cool factor of a gazillion.

It's been my dream to stand on the Great Wall Of China, but also to ride in a hot air balloon. SO amazing.
KERMIT: "GONZO! What are you doing?"
GONZO: "About 7 Knots!"

This guy should get the Muppet Movie Award...You know the song...
Life's like a movie
Write your own ending
Keep believing
Keep pretending
We've done just what we've set out to do
Thanks to the lovers, the dreamers,
And You.

No comments: