Friday, September 21, 2007

I Love Amanda Bynes!


Has anyone ever seen The Amanda Show? It was this Saturday Night Live type show for kids, Amanda Bynes was the star and she played lots of different characters. She's really a comic actress and lets it all go for comedy, like Lucille Ball and other women comic actresses that I admire.
Well she's growing up now and has a couple of movies out. Today one of my students brought in their notebook computer to show me She's The Man, which I've seen many advertisements for. I probably would have really turned my nose up at it had I not known it was Amanda Bynes. And I knew it would be a pretty formula teen flick with typical girl versus boy humor. You know what though...I really enjoyed this movie.

I can't believe how loud I was laughing, maybe it's because I was watching it with two guys, I don't know, but it's pretty cute. I love her character. I had already told my son I want him to marry a girl like Amanda, and he didn't even get mad. Now I'll have to tell him that She's The Man is good. We've been seeing lots of trailers for it.

The film is predictable and formula at the end (and silly), but I really liked the beginning and the middle. Amanda is the cutest thing. I want her to always be in the business of entertaining me. She's one of the good ones.

No comments: