Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Assasination of Benezir Bhutto for Dummies

Bhutto's entrance in to Pakistan has casued chaos the last couple of times, this time she's been murdered. I believe that the White House has always preferred stability over democracy with Pakistan. In my opinion, a dictatorship in Pakistan is neither here nor there as far as the U.S. is concerned, regardless of what they're forced to say in the media. I think that their private take on the matter is that Bhutto actually caused problems. At least with Musharaff, Bush has got an ally and things were stable. I really believe that "democracy" is a side issue that's front and center because of this administration's constant talk of it regarding Iraq.

I don't know if this incident will cause further instability in Pakistan because Bhutto hasn't even been there for years. Unless her supporters, who are considered moderate, suddenly go hog wild, then I would think that things would return to the status quo.

Who knows, though...

No comments: